The Live Room
The Live room is set out to make the musicians and bands feel right at home, the floor is Olive ash and was chosen specificlly for the live room.
The combination of the hardwood floor, rugs and curtains give the live room a special, warm yet lively sound, particularly suited for that 'live band' feel.
The room is equipped with all the gear a band would need for a regular band practice including full drum kit, 10 channel powered mixer and speakers, guitar amps, microphones, cables and stands. Custom made wall plates are fitted in 3 locations in the live room allowing for 12 line input jacks, and 20 XLR mic inputs to be sent to the control room and 6 headphone returns to the live room for musicians foldback.
The Control Room
At the heart of the control room is the Toft ATB 24 Analogue mixing console which sits in front of a triple glazed window looking into the live room. Signals to and from the live room are via a 19 inch rack unit containing line and mic patch bays, 8 channel headphone amplifier, Motu 24 io and outboard units.
The control room is a comfortable place for the engineer to track and mix the musicians and bands projects.
The studio is now linked to the cottage by a specially designed wall mounted stage box with 12 inputs and 4 outputs which allows complete separation between the cottage and the studio for recording drums, amps, vocals etc in a different acoustic environment.
This equipment is included in the price of the bookings as indicated on the Rates page. Additional equipment is available at a nominal charge. The equipment we have available at present is listed below.
Control room equipment
- Toft ATB24 analogue mixing console
- Phonic Helix Board 24U
- Neutrik 96 channel patch panel
- Motu 24 i/o 96 Khz, 32 bit audio interface
- Motu PCIe 424 interface card
- Behringer 8 / 2 channel headphone amplifier
- Mac Pro 5,1 2010 3.46 GHz 12 core running os 10.13 High Sierra
- Logic 10.4 2019
- Pro Tools Perpetual
- JBL SLR305 active monitors
- KRK Rokit 6 active monitors
- Byerdynamic DT100 headphones (5 pairs)
- Behringer Firepower FCA1616 audio interface
- Lexicon MX200 Reverb unit
Live room equipment
- Pearl ELX drum Kit
- Paiste cymbols and Stagge cast hi-hats
- Hiwatt Maxwatt 300 combo bass amp
- Phonic 1062 powered mixer
- Peavey UL 15 Speakers
- Peavey Bandit 112 guitar amp
- Crate Flexwave 120 guitar amp
- Wem Dominator 25
- D'Angelico Excel semi acoustic guitar
- Mannel Ferrino MFS44 NL Classical guitar
- Aria Mandolin
- Yamaha YAS 25 Saxaphone
- Challen upright piano
- Acoustic drum screen
- Fender Jazz Bass Guitar (Mexico)
- Shure sm58 5 off
- Shure sm57 2 off
- Audio Technica AT3528 2 off
- Adio Technica AT4035
- Electro Voice ND857
- AKG D190e
- Beyer Dynamic TGX50
- Beyer Dynamic M420n 2 off
- Marshall MXL V67
- Rode NT5 matched pair
- Rode NT2-A
- Rode NT1-A
- AKG D112 5 off
- Various other general purpose mics